photos of bowie
click here for old photos of bowie
click here for photos of fourth of july 2010
click here for photos of fourth of july 2009
click here for photos of pride rally 2009
bowie post office
there has been a post office in the area since 1866 when the apache pass post office
was established. it was renamed fort bowie in 1880, and in 1894 it was closed and mail was sent
to the teviston post office.
the post office at bowie was named bean in september of 1881 and held that name for only a few
months before it was
renamed teviston in december of that year. in 1911 the teviston post office was renamed bowie
captain james h. tevis, the founder of bowie, was the 6th postmaster in the years 1903 through 1905.
the current building was built in 1964.
eva e. hall school building
the old bowie grammar school building was built in 1912 and named in memory of
pioneer teacher, miss eva e. hall. she began teaching in bowie in about 1921 and retired in 1949.
she was known as a dedicated teacher who would tutor students in her free time.
miss hall died in 1958, and is buried in bowie's desert rest cemetery.
bowie high school
bowie fire department
community center and food pantry
bowie community park (welker-scott memorial park)
jimmie libhart library
bowie baptist church
bowie catholic church
bowie methodist church
government peak in the dos cabezas mountains
mountain views and tree farm at the end of central avenue.